jueves, 4 de noviembre de 2010

Corset or no corset, that is the question

This is not the corset I'm talking about, this is an image taken from www.corsets-uk.com


Hello there my ghostly friends. I'm now drinking a glass of champagne and watching a "new" series called "Breaking Bad", which is quite good. I returned home about an hour ago, from paying some bills and windowshopping a bit, and you won't believe what I found... A beautiful, strong and relatively cheap corset. I've been looking for corsets for a while now, and finding one that suits me so perfectly is like a dream. But the only problem is that I'm not really a corset girl, I'm not a gothic or a lolita or anything like that, and I own only normal clothes, that is to say t-shirts, tops and a couple of jeans, plus two or three miniskirts... So I wonder, would it be wise to buy this corset, even if it is the one of my dreams??? where should I wear it, and with what???.

I know something that I would inmediately do with it: use it with my graduation dress' skirt, making an almost perfect gothic lady dress (I've thought a lot about adding some black satin as "wings"... i don't really know how to call that part of a dress, like the gathered piece on cinderellas dress, do you know how to call it??), or even, if I get creative, as a queen of hearts costume!
Of course, the skirt is red, and the corset is red and black, so that's the deal with the black satin and stuff. I would really like to buy it, and to have the courage to wear it every day, for I think it makes me look great, so slim and curvy...


I wish you would reply to this post, for I have the opportunity of buying this thing now, and I don't know if I dare ask some friend to come with me and give me her oppinion.... what should I do???

1 comentario:

  1. so, two comments about this entry:
    1.- The answer is no corset, at least not that one, which was cool for a burlesque performance, and that costume thing, but not for the daily basis

    2.- The "wings" i was talking about are actually the visible bits of an overskirt typicall of the "Robe a la polonaise" or "polonaise dress", that was fashionable at the 18th century, and that it consisted on a more simple dress than the french ones (Robe a la française), but that maintained the slender figure on top of the body, creating a sort of bell-shape for the lower body. This overskirt could be gathered up by pulling up tiny strings so numerous pleats were created at the back and the sides of the dress, hence creating my infamous "wings".

    ResponderEliminar