sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Tim Minchin





Hello, and sorry for the new, extended delay in my publication. This yhing of not knowing if anyone is reading what I'm writing is very unmotivating, actually, but not enough to make me desist of this little hobby of mine...

So, today I'll tell you about an Australian musician and comedian that I enjoy listening to (and watching, as the matter of fact, because his on-stage performance is very... peculiar). His name is Tim Minchin, and he is kind of a freak. Yes, maybe after reading my post about Alice that wouldn't surprise you, but actually, it bothered me for quite a while... You'll see, I didn't like him in the beggining, when my boyfriend first showed one of his songs to me (one of the tougher songs he has). I thought he was quite unpleasant, rude, and a little bit scary. I guess you'll understand me a little after watching his photos, but then I started to enjoy his irreverent "dark" display. He maks fun of himself, as well as anybody and anything else, and he is actually a pretty good musician, and an excelent pianist. One of my favorite songs by him is actually quite romantic, a quality that I discovered he must posses, or else he wouldn't write so much about it... destroying it most of the times... But that's the piont, you wouldn't waste your time laughing and destroying something that doesn't exist, or that doesn't mean anything to you... I mean, to be interested enough to destroy something, that thing has to mean something to you doesn't it?... Did you at least understood something of that confusing sentence???? I hope you did, 'cause I won't revise it tonight.

So, Tim Minchin turned to be a great laugh at a lot of parties down my place, and a fair enough companion to solitaire afternoons, as background music while cooking or ironing ore playing solitaire. Also a great novelty, every time a new video of him was updated on youtube. My boyfriend got very interesded on the guy, and learned a lot of his shows by heart (thing that didn't demanded him a lot of effort, giving his utmost and unnerving easyness to learn by heart almost anything he hears that is: in english; japanese or broadcasted by the discovery channel, after only one time listening to it), after which he downloaded the documentary about him, that narrates the story of his succes. Tim Minchin even got me a nice grade in a translation assignment, in which I tried to translate one of his songs respecting a certain rythm and preserving the dark an cinical humor on it. I'll post a video of that song next:




So, that's Tim Minchin. Now, I have a teacher, who kind of looks like him... without the makeup or the crazy hair. Also, you can't see this in tgis vid, but my teacher, unlike Tim, wears shoes.
The thing is, it is a bit complicated for me to separate the two of them, and it makes me afraid of him in some level... that's wrong, I know. Being at the university and scared of your teacher is kind of lame. But it is true. I can't stop thinking on the craziest facet of Tim when I look at him, and I turn into jello... It's frustraiting. If you exist, and have a kind word of support for me, I'd appreciate it...

Bye bye

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario