jueves, 30 de junio de 2011

Green flowers

So, it's been a while since I see you guys, but I'm here now with something for you. As you can't possibly know, because I haven't written here in a huge amount of time, I'm seeing a Reiki therapist, who has helped me unbelievably, seriously, I'm so happy to be doing this stuff I MUST recomend it to ALL of you, non-existent people to try it as well (maybe that way you will finally become real children!).
But my post is not about reiki and it's wonders, no. It is about something reiki got me thinking about... My grandma.
You'll see, my granny died when I was really young, and that was a terrible loss for me, because when I was even younger, she spent almost all her time with me, and when I grew up a little bit she remained a close companion, quietly accepting my childhood needs of spending time at my friend's houses and watching too much TV for my own good.
One of my first memories of her depicts her in thye tiny room she lived at before we moved to a bigger house. It was dark, illuminated by a yellow nightstand lamp, and completely filled by her huge embroidering frame (she didn't actually embroidered, but did a labor called "malla" in spanish and (Oh, what a discovery!) filet in english).


There was also a huge doll (I was like three, so maybe it wasn't THAT huge) called Lola, and dressed like a Gypsy. I adored that doll, but of course I wasn't alloud to play with her, because she was a very dear souvenir for my grandma, but I never recented that fact, I just loved to watch her and listen to my granny while I was at it. Many, many years later (almost 20 years) I named my little dog after that doll. I wanted her to have a coquetish name, and my thoughts flew to the gypsy Lola, with dark eyes and curly brown hair.
She also had a little TV set, and a little virgin Mary made of white hard plastic that she said looked over all of us in the house.

So this was my grandma, I called her "agolita" (a misspronunciation of "abuelita" which means granny) and really loved her, even though in her final years I took her for granted and sometimes got mad at her when she wouldnt let me play with my neighbours and my mum's makeup box at the front yard XD.

Whe she died I found it hard to cry. I was just angry at the doctors, and at myself. I remember entering her room and kissing her goodbye, but I really couldn't understand how her body was there and yet she wasn't. It was sad, very sad...

But we're not here for the sadness people!!! we're here to share one of the magical, beautiful moments life has presented me with. A few days ago, I passed by a flowershop near my house and had to walk over my steps to look at it again. It had a bunch of beautifully green flowers, just like the ones in the picture. I was amazed, for I've never seen green flowers before, but I've heard about them many years ago, on a country trip I took with my family and one friend when I was very little. There we were, at a kind of medow, walking happilly and talking about the colors of flowers, me and my friend, when my granny said "You know, there are green flowers too" we laughed at her and told her that the grass was green, not flowers "No" she said "there are green flowers, and I've seen them before". We were stonished, and spent the rest of the day looking for such marvels as green flowers. In the end we found some clovers or shamrocks and brought the to her, very satisfied "Yes" she laughed "those are green flowers too, but not the ones I was telling you about."

Many years have past, and I know nothing of my childhood friend, but the finding of those green flowers meant to me more than I can say to you guys. All I can do is write this post and hope that if someone ever reads it, they will understand, just a little bit, why green flowers are now my favourites while I don't think much of those hideous blue roses.

G'night, ghost horde, don't become strangers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario