sábado, 20 de marzo de 2010

Birthday time

Hello everyone. Today is birthday time, I have two celebrations. The first one already took place at noon. It was the celebration of my niece's birthday, which was held at a Burger King. The chaos was horrible. All the little kids (my niece was turning five) ran and screamed all over the place, but in the end I was able to enjoy myself. After all, it wasn't me who was in charge of the children, and my niece looked so happy...
At one point, the lady in charge called all the kids and made little Connie stand up on a chair, they put a pink cape on her and called her the queen of the party. I was radiant ('cause I love costumes), but I don't think it meant a lot to her. Anyway, it was a fun party, mostly because the adults gathered there didn't have to do a thing but wave to their childs (or nieces and nephews like in my case), and the kids had a great time. The only uncomfortable thing was that I was starving from the night before, because since I'm on a diet I try to eat little at parties (mostly because I don't want to miss the cake entirely, so I restrain myself on the rest of the meal), and yesterday was my aunt birthday, and I ate very little. You must know something about myself to understand the last sentence: I simply LOVE to eat. One of the most difficult things to me is to be on a diet (And that's why I frecuently break this one, like at parties and when I'm alone... sorry mum... It's true, I'll try not to do it anymore), and least of all convince myself that it is a good thing not to eat bread and stuff, instead of suffering every time a meal is coming because I can't eat the same than the rest. Aaaaaanywaaaaaay.... The kids where there, eating hamburgers and fries, and my stomach started to grump. So I had a hard time for about 20 minutes, until the little ones got bored and all the parents gathered there jumped over the abandoned food. I let myself eat a bit of fries and half a softdrink that was left over the table.
Then we went to my sister's house for lunch. My mum and I were a little bit late for the oppening of the presents, because we had to take another road (here in Santiago there are some highways that are paid, (the road to my sister's being one of them) and we can't afford that), so the trip was a bit lengthy, but it was worthy. When we arrived, we came upstairs and watched Connie open the presents. Both gandmas and aunts where more exited with the toys than my niece herself!!!, There were so many! It's great to be a child, you get a lot of cute stuff just for being cute yourself.... at least almost every little girl is cute... my niece certainly is... Well, I'm ranting again. We had a great lunch, and had some coffe with cake at the end. Then we talked and talked with my sister and her mother and sister in law until we realized what time it was and hurried back home.
Now I'm writing in a hurry, 'cause I have to go to Maipú, which is very far from my home, to one of my best friend's birthday party, and we don't want it to be too dark so we can see the road and reference points (This "we" refers to my boyfriend and I, whereas the "we" from the paragraphs before refered to my mother and I).

Soooo, With this I say goodbye, hoping that you didn't have such a horrible time reading this, IF someone is reading this at all.

XOXO to everyone behind the screen!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario