martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

My friend's party

Hello people! I haven't writenn in a few days, but I don't think anyone noticed, because, I don't really think that anybody reads this blog XD.
So, my friend's party the other night. She is one of my best friends, but until saturday night I had never been to her place. And that's because she lives FAAAAAAAAAAAAR AWAY! It took us like 2 hours to get there from my house!! By car!!!
As we didn't know the way, we were a little bit nervous about getting there in the first place, but that wasn't the only reason. You'll see, my friends have told me all kind of stories about robbers, and gunfights and gangs and stuff that happen down that neighbourhood. Now my car is old and a bit tatty, so we didn't think it likely that someone wanted to mug us, but you never know do you?
Anyway, we arrived safely and without getting lost even once, which I was really grateful for, because I was actually really scared of getting lost (actually, nowadays I'm a bit frighten about almost everything.... must be a side-effect of the earthquake, I imagine), and my friend was waiting us with some marvellous snacks, courtesy of her mum. I actually thought that her mum was preety great to make those tasty "canapes". I know my mum wouldn't have bothered with making those. Not that I'm complaining about my mother, but she dislikes the kitchen, and I love it, so I'm the one who takes care of that kind of things for most parties.
Anyway, our friends started to arrive and we had a great time. And the theme of the party was established when Peke (the girl who gave me the instructions to arrive at Eileen's house) arrived and we realized that I had misunderstood the word "intersection" and heard "circunvalation" (word that at least in spanish means something, only none of us knew what the hell was that). So we laughed a lot about my little mistake and established the "circunvalation" theme, that is to say, anytime possible, we made a joke including that word.
It may sound dull or silly, but that tends to be our party dinamics, every time we get together, we establish a theme, which of course is brought to the table by mere coincidence, and we don't drop it until the end. Then we tend to remember such party by the anecdote that lasted all night. The former birthday of Eileen (which was celebrated in my house) was "The bag folder 3000", and it started because one of our friends noticed that we were folding the shopping bags on a weird way and teached us how to do it properly (in the end we ended folding all the plastic bags that we had, which saved us a lot of space).
Wow, sometimes I forget how dorky I am. Sorry friends, it wasn't my intention to make you look like fools.
So a while after we were all there, Eileen's boyfriend's friends arrived. Neither of us (save for the birthday girl, of course) knew them, and at first it was a bit awkward, because their idea of partying was a bit more conventional that ours (i.e. drinking a lot and being quite loud and irreverent), so I felt a bit intimidated. But shortly after that we started to mingle and to feel more comfortable.
Sadly, I had to left the party quite soon, because my parents were suposed to use the car next morning, and my boyfriend was supposed to work all day... none of that happened next day though, but in the end Sunday turned to be quite a nice day after all. Maybe not as nice as Saturday, but a nice day indeed.

So guys, I'll see you soon, with another post that will probably have nothing to do with the theme I had thought for this blog... but then again, who cares, after all you don't exist... Do you?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario